The registration requires a person to be 18 years and above in order to be registered owner of a motor vehicle, and 14 years and above to be registered as motorcycle owner. Furthermore the registration is only for sound mind persons.
Motor vehicle registration procedure
The following documents must be submitted to the TRA office:
- Application for motor vehicle registration form (MV 10) properly filled by the applicant
- Customs declaration: Tanzania Single Administrative Document (TANSAD) and release order
- Bank Pay in Slip to prove duty paid.
- A copy of your TIN certificate.
- Cancellation certificate or registration card (used vehicles)
- Interpol letter (if the vehicle is imported from a SADC member country)
- Tax invoice (if vehicle is purchased from local car dealer)