This page contains guidance and codes which will assist you to make proper payment of the intended taxes. The page provides codes used for payments by indicating specific type of taxes, forms used to specific banks and payments made through mobile phones.
1. GFS Code
This is a special number which is used by the taxpayers when make payment by filling it on the deposit paying slip.
TISS stand for Tanzania Interbank Settlement System. This is a simplest way used by the taxpayers to order the commercial bank to transfer payments to BOT, and the contents which are found in the TISS form are: Name of Account holder (s), Account number, Name of commercial Bank, Amount in TSHS, Amount in words and value date.
3. Payment of Tax Manually
The following are the procedures which Taxpayers are required to follow during making tax payment.
- Visit the nearest TRA office/Centre.
- Obtain the tax assessment/charge together with control number.
- Collects a payment notice and Deposit slip and fill in the appropriate particulars (Name of Taxpayer, type of tax, TIN, GFS code Number, Amount of tax to be paid, Date of payment and Signature of the person making payment.
- Submit the same to the Bank/Teller and make payment.
- Obtain the copy of Bank payment notice and Deposit slip for his/her record