Lost motor vehicle registration cards

Procedures to follow when you have lost your Motor vehicle registration Cards: -

1. To publish the loss Advertisement in a newspaper concerning the loss of motor vehicle Registration Card and mention the MV registration number and the place of lost.

2. Write a letter to the TRA Regional Manager to apply a duplicate Motor vehicle registration card.

3. You are required to fill a form MV 40 with the following attachments: -

 (i) Photocopy of the advertisement published in the newspaper

(ii) Police Loss report

(iii) Motor Vehicle inspection report

(iv) The true copy of identity cards, either Driving license, voter’s registration card, National ID, or Passport.

(v) Bring affidavit to verify the ownership of motor vehicle registration number

(vi) Motor vehicle is supposed to be brought to TRA office for verification by TRA officer

(vii) Recent Passport size photograph of the owner

(viii) Owner’s mobile phone number

(ix) Photocopy of the lost Motor Vehicle Card

(x) If TRA will not receive any objection after 30 days from the day it was advertised in a newspaper on the loss of motor vehicle registration Card, the owner will be informed and be required to pay TSH. 50,000 for the duplicate motor vehicle registration card.